Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Re: Parkstone Open 1/2 October 8 years 10 months ago #8654

• AlbacoreAndy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 14
I Can only add to what Jerry and Phil have already said. Thanks to Parkstone but particularly to Johnny and the crew on Jazz for making it all possible. I know diplomacy can be considered important but with 10 Albs waiting and wanting to race it took a perverse kind of logic to abandon racing on Sunday. Maybe we should consider carefully which classes we sail with in the future as people with no wish to race do not make good partners.I am sure with more wind though it would have been fine. The important thing is it all ended happily and we managed what others couldn't - no offence intended as I enjoy sailing at Parkstone!

Well done to Nev it's amazing what those slippery decks can do! See you in Bala next weekend. :laugh:

Albacore Andy
A7525
Blue Jay

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Parkstone Open 1/2 October 8 years 10 months ago #8656

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 9
See attached write up for Y&Y and web site. i have omitted to mention the good work done by John and particularly Sarah Kendall who had never done race duty before but was given the RO job by the Albs. I think the club were a bit taken aback by our determination to push ahead regardless. There was an OK Open in June with only 8 boats so we could team with them or even ask for own event, as long as we get attendance........
Otherwise we might revert to tagging an Open onto Poole Week. Shame is today's wind have been perfect!
Don't give up on us as things are generally well run,
Trevor

File Attachment:

File Name: ParkstoneAlbsOPen.doc
File Size:10 KB
Attachments:

Re: Parkstone Open 1/2 October 8 years 10 months ago #8657

• AlbacoreAndy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 14
We won't give up on Parkstone - we enjoy the company and the sailing too much! It's a great venue even if the Fireballs lack the enthusiasm in light conditions. OKs would be fine and up for it I am sure, if not tagging on to Poole week is also a good option. Yes shame we didn't have today's wind yesterday. Oh well there is always Bala next weekend.

Albacore Andy
A7525
Blue Jay

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds