Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Re: Canada 2011 11 years 4 days ago #8052

• CrawfyReid
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 2
Mark,
I take it you are taking on the mantle and making all the arrangements with this, are Peters and May who you will be contracting and are you close to coming up with costs
Crawford

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Canada 2011 11 years 4 days ago #8053

• FOWLER
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
I am looking at costs now from P&M & am looking into alternative shippers, I don't want to scare anyone on costs, first indicators have shown little rise, the budget is £800 per boat to be fully inclusive of all taxes, insurance & transport.

We have 9 confirmed to go I am sure we can manage another 7 to make up the second container, please contact me if you are sitting on the fence it will make a differnce to all concerned as we negotiate price.

We want to get all this wrapped up by Xmas & can then get on with sailing the boats.

Mark...
GT Marine

Last edit: by FOWLER.

Re: Canada 2011 10 years 11 months ago #8081

• The Silver Fox
  • Thank you received: 0
Mark

Any updates on the shipping..?

Regards

TSF

Re: Canada 2011 10 years 11 months ago #8084

• FOWLER
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Will,

I'll get on to Peter's & May for a few more details, but loading at Liverpool will help the costs, with Crawford & Steve Brown travelling down this may well be a fair option.

I do have another shipping company to chase, I'll get on to them & report back. we have the 8 boats for the first container, Rob Lyne at Allen Bros is setting up an account to do the payment transfers.

Regards to all Mark...
GT Marine

Re: Canada 2011 10 years 10 months ago #8096

• FOWLER
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Norman, sailing 6403 has dropped out & so I am chasing another boat to commit to the first container, to maintain capacity at 8 boats.

For the moment I am awaiting a revised cost from Db.Schenker, as a comparison to that of Peters & May, these things do take a little time, ensuring parity. There is however no reason for any concern at this moment.

I can say, with some authority, that this shipping route is straightforward & therefore the duration of shipping is likely to be no more than 4 weeks in total.

I am after more boats to commit to this Championship, with a the 3 home clubs fielding around 70 boats this will be the largest fleet of Albs for some time. Anyone thinking about it needs to get their name down here as it will change the shipping & reduce costs which are currently £800 per boat.
GT Marine

Last edit: by FOWLER.

Re: Canada 2011 10 years 10 months ago #8099

• Christine
  • Thank you received: 0
The Canadian Albacore Association invites you to attend
the 20th Anniversary of the Albacore Internationals !

September 16 - 23, 2011

Due to logistic issues, the National Yacht Club will, unfortunately, be unable to host
the 2011 International and Canadian Championship regattas.

In light of this, the CAA has joined forces with the Royal Canadian Yacht Club. This alliance will allow racing to take place just south of the Island on Lake Ontario and the fleet will be able to launch and commute daily from the Toronto Harbour clubs !

Expect a week packed with great racing in a huge competitive fleet and lots of social events!

See you in Toronto !

Stayed tuned for more information, the CAA's website will be updated with details in the very near future.

Teresa Miolla - IAA President
Christine Short – Rear Commodore & Event Organizer
Jeff Beitz - CAA Commodore

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds