• Page:

TOPIC:

Championships - Your opinions are needed! 9 years 3 weeks ago #8549

• jeremy
  • jeremy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
The committee would like some feedback from those members who dont usually come to the Nationals! There are at least 10 times more members who do not come regularly to the champs than there are those who do.
We would like to know what changes could be considered to make it a more fun event for everyone and what apart from the cost of petrol are the major factors deterring entries
One suugestion is to have a Gold and a Silver fleet (racing together) but where the Silver fleet have their own (fun) prizes where the no-so-serious sailors can enjoy themselves in a less competitive environment. This idea seems to be working well at my home club at Lyme

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Championships - Your opinions are needed! 9 years 3 weeks ago #8550

• AlbacoreAndy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 14
I am a reasonably regular attendee of both regional and national events but distance and fuel costs are still definitely an issue. I did not do Largs last year purely on a distance and cost basis. The total cost of fuel and accommodation and entry fees would have funded a foreign holiday for two so really too much outlay. I am happy for the Nationals to move around which is entirely fair and logical but would say that around 300 miles is my limit. Plus I do have a gas gussler for a car! Logic would indicate that choice of location should maybe bear this in mind and choosing extreme ends of the island is maybe not the best policy.

I will be most interested to see what other opinions are proffered. I think a gold and silver fleet is a good suggestion.

Albacore Andy
GBR A7525
Blue Jay

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds